The grand procession of Queen Victoria & Prince Albert : accompanied by the civic authorities, to the opening of the Royal Exchange, on Monday, October 28th, 1844.
- Additional Title(s):
Procession to the Royal Exchange
- London : Relfe and Fletcher, 17, Cornhill, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 5 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 365 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA554 .G73 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 561
Title page affixed to front pastedown of publisher's original cloth folder.
Cover title: Procession to the Royal Exchange.
"A few copies richly emblazoned in gold are to be had, Price 10s 6d."
Consists of 5 sheets pasted together to form one strip; accordian folded.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. One of the copies "emblazoned in gold," as advertised on the title page. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped red cloth folder. Gilt stamped Royal crest on front and back covers. Inscribed: Frances B. Winstanley, the gift of her affectionate Aunt Mary E. Winstanley.
Panorama representing the festivities and procession on Monday, Oct. 28, 1844, to the opening of the Royal Exchange. Captions along the bottom edge identify police officers, life guards, watermen & bargemen, Queen's household, aldermens carriages, the sheriffs, Lord Mayor's carriage, city marshal, 12 members of the Common Council in their Mazarine gowns, aldermen & attendants, mace bearer, Lord Mayor, royal footmen, the Queen's carriage and the detatchment of life guards.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Pictorial works.Kings and rulers -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.London (England) -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.Processions -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Royal Exchange (London, England)Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Pictorial works.Winstanley, Frances B. -- Pres. insc. from her Aunt Mary E. Winstanley.Winstanley, Mary E. -- Pres. insc. to Frances B. Winstanley.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1844.
Panoramas -- England -- London.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.