Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Select Committee on the House of Commons' Buildings, Report from the Select Committee on the House of Commons' buildings , 1833]
- Report from the Select Committee on the House of Commons' buildings : with the minutes of evidence taken before them. Ordered, by the house of Commons, to be printed, 13 May 1833.
- [London : House of Commons, 1833]
- Physical Description:
- 88 p., 22 leaves of plates (6 folded) : ill., plans (some col.) ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.W6 G743 1833+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Minutes of the evidence given before the Select Committee. Contains testimony given by 13 architects for a new House of Commons on the old site. Includes plans and illustrations of design proposals by John Soane, Benjamin Wyatt, James Savage, William Kent, John P. Gandy, Adam Lee, Edward Blore, John Wilson Croker, Francis Goodwin, Rigby Wason, Decimus Burton, George Basevi, Jeffry Wyatville, George Allen, and Charles Hanbury-Tracy Sudeley.
Lithography by James Basire. One aquatint plate, unsigned.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped black cloth; original printed wrappers bound in. Printed label on front cover: The Liverpool Architectural Society (Incorp). Architectural Library, Blue Coat chambers, Liverpool. Bookplate: Architectural Society. Original blue paper wrappers bound in. Stamp in purple ink on title page: Liverpool Architectural Society.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- London.Buildings -- England -- London -- Plans.Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons -- Buildings. -- History.Legislative bodies -- England -- London -- History.Liverpool Architectural Society -- Bookplate.Public buildings -- England -- London -- Plans.Westminster Palace (London, England) -- History.
- Aquatints -- 1833.
Lithographs -- 1833.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1833.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.