Richardson, C. J. (Charles James), 1806-1871, Studies of ornamental design , 1851
- Studies of ornamental design / by C.J. Richardson, M.R.I.B.A., F.S.A. ...
- London : Published by John Weale, Architectural Library, 59, High Holborn, for C.J. Richardson, 1851.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 60 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2016 6 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2016 6 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by John Sliegh, Francis Bedford, William Butler, Thomas Picken, and John Alfred Vintner; after C.F. Richardson, Arthur Ashpitel, Thomas Stothard, and Digby Wyatt.
Plates printed by Day & Son and McLean & Co.
The seven leaves of letterpress are printed within elaborate lithographed borders.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 55
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary red half morocco and red cloth. Title in stamped in gilt on front cover. Binder's ticket: Remnant and Edmonds.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary red half morocco and red cloth. Inscribed by the author (?) on front fly-leaf: "C.J. Richardson. Complete copy, with unpublished plates and prepartory drawings." Includes 10 original watercolors by Mathew Digby Wyatt (two folding), 3 original drawings and 40 lithographic plates, in various proof states.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Decoration and ornament.Richardson, C. J. (Charles James), 1806-1871 -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
Chromolithographs -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.