Richardson, George, 1736?-1817?, New designs of vases and tripods decorated in the antique taste , Septr. 5th, 1793
New designs of vases and tripods decorated in the antique taste / by Geo. Richardson, archt. and son ; on XXV plates.
- London : Publish'd by the Author, No. 105, Great Titchfield Street, Septr. 5th, 1793.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1535 .R53 1793+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The twenty-five plates consist of the title plate, twelve plates each showing a vase, and twelve plates each showing a tripod.
Aquatints by and after G. Richardson and Son (i.e. William Richardson).
Harris, E. British Architectural books and writers, 742
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary marbled boards; rebacked in half calf. Armorial bookplate: Westport House.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Richardson, G., -- Publisher.Tripods -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Vase painting -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Westport House -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1793.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.