Morris, William, 1834-1896, The defence of Guenevere , 1892]
- The defence of Guenevere : and other poems / by William Morris.
- [Hammersmith : Kelmscott Press, 1892]
- Physical Description:
- , 169,  p. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5078 .D44 1892Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Colophon: Written by William Morris; and printed by him at the Kelmscott press, 14, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, in the county of Middlesex; & finished on the 2nd day of April, of the year 1892. Sold by Reeves & Turner, 196, Strand, London.
300 paper copies. 10 vellum copies.
Peterson, W.S. Kelmscott Press, A5
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 10 on vellum. Bound in vellum with silk ties. Gothic calligraphic lettering in black ink on spine (by Herbert M. Ellis): 'Guenevere".
- Subject Terms:
- Hammersmith -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1892. (BACRB)Kelmscott Press -- Publisher. (BACRB)Morris, William -- Printer. (BACRB)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1892. (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.