Introductory lessons with familiar examples in landscape : for the use of those who are desirous of gaining some knowledge of the pleasing art of painting in water colours : to which are added some clear and simple rules, exemplified by suitable sketches and more finished painting : as this work is chiefly intended for the mere beginner, the rules are both familiar and progressive : to which are added, instructions for executing transparencies, in a style both novel and easy / by James Roberts.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., Cleveland-Row, St. James's, for the author, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- , 36 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2110 .R63 1800+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Etchings and aquatings by Joseph Constantine Stadler and Thomas Girtin; after James Roberts.
Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. Russel Court, Cleveland Row, St. James's.
English short title catalogue, N7575
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 181
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in marbled paper boards. Armorial bookplate: Sir Mayson M. Beeton.
- Subject Terms:
- Beeton, Mayson M., Sir -- Bookplate.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.W. Bulmer and Co. -- Printer.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1800
Etchings -- 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Roberts, James, 1753-approximately 1809, Introductory lessons with familiar examples in landscape , 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.