Designs in architecture : for garden chairs, small gates for villas, park entrances, aviarys, temples, boat houses, mausoleums, and bridges; with their plans, elevations, and sections, accompanied with scenery, &c. / by W. Robertson.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. Cleveland-Row, St. James's. And published as the act directs, Feb. 1800, at Ackerman's Repository of Arts, No. 101, Strand; and at J.B. Beygang's, 1800.
- Physical Description:
-  p., , 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA8450 .R63 1800+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Geo. Holmes, delin. Etched by Rowlndson"--First plate.
Each plate has an accompanying leaf of letterpress explanatory text.
The preliminary unnumbered plate is a dedicatory frontispiece.
English short title catalogue, T140632
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 2803
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 63
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackerman's Repository of Arts -- Publisher.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Decoration and ornament, ArchitecturalW. Bulmer and Co. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.