Roget, John Lewis, 1828-1908, Familiar illustrations of the language of mathematics, or, A new picture-alphabet for well-behaved undergraduates , 1850
- Familiar illustrations of the language of mathematics, or, A new picture-alphabet for well-behaved undergraduates : wherein a ray to illuminate their path is transmitted through nine plates of a rare medium by means of the eccentrical pencil of W.A.G.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Familiar illustrations of the language of mathematics
New picture-alphabet for well-behaved undergraduates
- London : Ackermann and Compy. 96, Strand. Printed by R. Appel & Co.'s Anastatic Press, 43, Gerrard Street, Soho, 1850.
- Physical Description:
-  p., IX leaves : ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.R64 F36 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to John Lewis Roget. Cf. Halkett & Laing.
Lithographed throughout, including title page.
Halkett & Laing (3rd ed.), v. 2, p. 260
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed brown wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann -- Publisher.English wit and humor -- Pictorial works.Mathematics -- Humor.Satire, English.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.