Views of Dover.
- [Dover] : Sold by W. Batcheller, King's Arms Library, Dover, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 25 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.D7 R65 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by and after Edmund Rolfe. Illustrations printed by Day & Haghe.
The evidence for the date of the book is in the printer's imprint. Plates  & : Day & Haghe Lith. to the King. Plates - : Day & Haghe Lith. to the Queen. Queen Victoria succeeded her uncle, King William IV, in 1837. Cf. Abbey.
Cover title, on publisher's printed label.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 135
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original pink wrappers, with publisher's printed title label.
- Subject Terms:
- Batcheller, W. -- Publisher.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Dover (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.