Ronalds, Francis, Sir, 1788-1873, Mechanical perspective, or, description and uses of an instrument for sketching from nature, accurately and conveniently, every kind of object , MDCCCXXVIII [1828, i.e. 1829?]
- Mechanical perspective, or, description and uses of an instrument for sketching from nature, accurately and conveniently, every kind of object : and of a machine for drawing in perspective architectural and other subjects, from measurement, or from ground plans and elevations : in two parts / by Francis Ronalds.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Mechanical perspective.
Description and uses of an instrument for sketching from nature.
- Second edition, with additions.
- London : Published for the inventor, MDCCCXXVIII [1828, i.e. 1829?]
London : J. Moyes, Took's Court, Chancery Lane, [1829?]
London : Charles Wood and Son, printers, Poppin's Court, Fleet Street, [1829?]
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 36,  pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 R7 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The first edition of Mechanical perspective has not been traced, but it was probably published in 1827 (to judge by the date of the frontispiece). It is probable that the first edition contained the same plates as the present edition, with the exception of plates [9-12] ... all dated '1829'. The work was published both as a guide to the use of the instruments, and as an advertisement for Ronalds' wares."--British Architectural Library.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books,1478-1840, 2833
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original purple cloth, with printed title label on front cover. Inscribed: "John Darlington, London, January 1st, 1847. Presented by Jn. Taylor Esqr."
- Subject Terms:
- Charles Wood and Son -- Printer.Darlington, John -- Autograph.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing instruments -- Great Britain.Mechanical drawing.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Taylor, Jn. -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.