Antiquities of the county of Sussex : illustrated by a series of 136 beautifully coloured lithographic views / drawn by J. Rouse, Fulham.
- [ Lewes] : 1824. Published by Lower, Bookseller, Lewes, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S98 R68 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by Charles Ingrey, Ingrey & Madeley and J. Boosey & Co.; after James Rouse.
Each plate contains two lithographed illustrations.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 323
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half red roan and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Sussex.Church architecture -- England -- Sussex.Landscape -- England -- Sussex.Lowes -- Publisher.Sussex (England) -- Antiquities.Sussex (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.