IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Beauties of the north of Devon , [between 1832 and 1836]
Beauties of the north of Devon / drawn and published by Geo. Rowe.
- [Exeter] : Seville Cottage, Mount Radford, Exeter, [between 1832 and 1836]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 R69 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- A set of at least 20 lithographs by and after George Rowe, first published by Rowe at Exeter, ca. 1828. The lithographs were issued under this title in varying selections of prints numbering 15, 13, 10 and 4. Cf. Somers Cocks.
Lithographs printed by Engelmann and Co., Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co., W. Day, and Graf & Soret.
The firm of Graf & Soret (printer of the 13th plate in the present set) was active from 1832 to 1836. Cf. Twyman. London lithographic printers.
Somers Cocks, J.V. Devon topographical prints, S.90
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 121
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original cream printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Day, W. -- Printer.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Engelmann and Co. -- Printer.Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co. -- Printer.Graf & Soret -- Printer.Rowe, George -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1832-1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.