IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Beauties of the north of Devon , [1829?]
Beauties of the north of Devon / drawn and published by Geo. Rowe.
- [Exeter] : Seville Cottage, Mount Radford, Exeter, [1829?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 R69 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- A set of at least 20 lithographs by and after George Rowe, first published by Rowe at Exeter, ca. 1828. The lithographs were issued under this title in varying selections of prints numbering 15, 13, 10 and 4. Cf. Somers Cocks.
Lithographs printed by Engelmann and Co. and Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co.
Somers Cocks, J.V. Devon topographical prints, S.90
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 124
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original cream printed wrappers. Inscribed: George Rose, 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Engelmann and Co. -- Printer.Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co. -- Printer.Rose, George -- Autograph, 1841.Rowe, George -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.