Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Illustrations of Hastings, Battle, Winchelsea, Pevensey, Eastbourne, &c. , 
- Illustrations of Hastings, Battle, Winchelsea, Pevensey, Eastbourne, &c. / by G. Rowe, drawing master.
- [Hastings] : Published by G. Rowe, and G. Wooll, carver, gilder, and printseller, High Street, Hastings, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S98 R69 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on printed wrappers.
Five of the six lithographs drawn from nature & on stone by George Rowe. Plate , The Cloister, Battle Abbey, drawn on stone by Rowe, after J. Vidler (perhaps John Vidler, stone mason of Battle Abbey).
Plates printed by P. Simonau.
"No. [blank] Price 7s. 6d. Ransom, printer, Hastings."--Foot of cover title. British Art Center copy has "4" written in ink following No.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 325
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original buff printed wrappers.
- The Keep, Pevensey Castle, Sussex -- West view of Winchelsea Church, Sussex -- The Old Roar near Hastings -- All Saints Church, Hastings -- The Cloisters, Battle Abbey -- Beach Head, Sussex.
- Subject Terms:
- Battle (England) -- Pictorial works.Castles -- England -- Sussex.Church architecture -- England -- Sussex.Eastbourne (East Sussex, England) -- Pictorial works.Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Landscape -- England -- Sussex.Pevensey (England) -- Pictorial works.Rowe, G. -- Publisher.Sussex (England) -- Pictorial works.Winchelsea (England) -- Pictorial works.Wooll, G. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.