Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Illustrations of Hastings, Battle, Winchelsea, Pevensey, Eastbourne, &c. , 
Illustrations of Hastings, Battle, Winchelsea, Pevensey, Eastbourne, &c. / by G. Rowe, drawing master.
- [Hastings] : Published by G. Rowe, and G. Wooll, carver, gilder, and printseller, High Street, Hastings, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S98 R69 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on printed wrappers.
Five of the six lithographs drawn from nature & on stone by George Rowe. Plate , The Cloister, Battle Abbey, drawn on stone by Rowe, after J. Vidler (perhaps John Vidler, stone mason of Battle Abbey).
Plates printed by P. Simonau.
"No. [blank] Price 7s. 6d. Ransom, printer, Hastings."--Foot of cover title. British Art Center copy has "4" written in ink following No.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 325
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original buff printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Battle (England) -- Pictorial works.Castles -- England -- Sussex.Church architecture -- England -- Sussex.Eastbourne (East Sussex, England) -- Pictorial works.Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.Landscape -- England -- Sussex.Pevensey (England) -- Pictorial works.Rowe, G. -- Publisher.Sussex (England) -- Pictorial works.Winchelsea (England) -- Pictorial works.Wooll, G. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- The Keep, Pevensey Castle, Sussex
- West view of Winchelsea Church, Sussex
- The Old Roar near Hastings
- All Saints Church, Hastings
- The Cloisters, Battle Abbey
- Beach Head, Sussex.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.