Rowe, George, 1796-1864, Scenery in the north of Devon , 1835?]
- Scenery in the north of Devon / drawn and published by George Rowe, teacher of drawing & lithographer, Cheltenham.
- [Exeter ; George Rowe, 1835?]
Cheltenham : George Rowe, 1835?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 R694 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A set of at least 32 lithographs by and after George Rowe, a selection of which was published by Rowe ca. 1835 in booklets of 18, 15, etc., all under this title. Cf. Somers Cocks.
Cover title on printed label.
Imprint from plates. Published by Rowe variously at Mount Radford, Exeter, or Cheltenham.
Plates printed by Englemann & Co., Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co., W. Day, and Graf & Soret.
Somers Cocks, J.V. Devon topographical prints, S.128
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in yellow watered-silk covered boards, with printed title label. Inscribed: Eleanor Humble. Bleulieu France. Bookplate of Robert Washington Oates.
- Subject Terms:
- Day, W. -- Printer.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Engelmann & Co. -- Printer.Engelmann, Graf, Coindet & Co. -- Printer.Graf & Soret -- Printer.Humble, Eleanor -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Oates, Robert Washington -- Bookplate.Rowe, G. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.