All sorts of wheel-carriage, improved : wherein it is plainly made appear, that a much less than the usual draught of horses, &c. will be requir'd, in waggons, carts, coaches, and all other wheel vehicles, as likewise all water-mills, wind-mills and horse-mills ... The whole illustrated with copper plates ... And an explanation of the structure of a coach and cart, according to this method / by Jacob Rowe, Esq;.
- London : Printed for Alexander Lyon under Tom's Coffee-house in Russel-Street Covent Garden, 1734.
- Physical Description:
- , 38,  p. (last leaf blank),  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS2020 .R78 1734Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR Usx39 734R: Autograph of Matthew Brown.
"The author has obtained a patent from his Majesty ... "--Advertisement, verso t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, Matthew -- Autograph.Carriage and wagon making -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Coaching (Transportation) -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Friction.Lyon, Alexander -- Publisher.Transportation -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Wagons -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.