Asiatic costumes : a series of forty-four coloured engravings, from designs taken from life with description to each subject.
- London : R. Ackermann, Repository of Arts, Strand, MDCCCXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 88 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1460 .A75 1828 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1460 .A75 1828 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographed illustrations, in the manner of stipple engraving, are unsigned.
Attributed to Captain Robert Smith. See Ford.
Printed by Charles Wood and Son, Poppin's Court, Fleet Street.
Ford, J. Ackermann, 1783-1983, p. 229
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 2753
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in later (?) green cloth. Plates are uncolored.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 contains the published text along with Smith's original watercolor illustrations in place of the lithographed plates (lacking); it also includes unpublished manuscript material illustrating and describing additional Asiatic costumes.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Charles Wood and Son -- Printer.Clothing and dress -- India.Ethnic costume -- India.India -- Social life and customs.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1828.