Sicily and its inhabitants : observations made during a residence in that country, in the years 1809 and 1810 / by W.H. Thompson.
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn ... and sold by George Goldie, Edinburgh, and John Cumming, Dublin, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 234 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG863 .T47 1813+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG863 .T47 1813+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatints by Robert & Daniel Havell.
Printed by B. Clark, Well-Street, London
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 260
MUDD Edha +809T: Half-title ? wanting.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in marbled boards. Copy 2 in original boards, with publisher's printed spine label. Rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Clarke, B. -- Printer.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Sicily (Italy) -- Description and travel.Sicily (Italy) -- Social life and customs.
- Aquatints -- 1813.
- Contents of the plates: Map of Sicily
- View of the city and port of Messina
- Temple of Concord at Girgentum
- View of the port of Palermo.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.