Travels in Egypt and Nubia, Syria, and Asia Minor, during the years 1817 & 1818 / by the Hon. Charles Leonard Irby, and James Mangles ; printed for private distribution.
- London : T. White and co., printers, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, , 560 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48 I63 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Spine title reads: Irby & Mangles travels.
"Some account of Cuchuk Ali, in a letter from Barker, esq.": p. -543.
Later published by John Murray, London, 1847. New ed. London, 1852.
Illustrations by J[ames] D[uffield] Harding, W[illiam] Westall, D. henwood, V[alentine] Bartholomew; after H[enry] W[illiam] Beechey, I. Rennie, Charles Leonard Irby and Miss Strickland.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1823.Middle East -- Description and travel.White, T. and co -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Irby, Charles Leonard, 1789-1845, Travels in Egypt and Nubia, Syria, and Asia Minor, during the years 1817 & 1818 , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.