The monastic annals of Teviotdale, or, The history and antiquities of the abbeys of Jedburgh, Kelso, Melrose, and Dryburgh / by James Morton.
- Additional Title(s):
Monastic annals of Teviotdale
History and antiquities of the abbeys of Jedburgh, Kelso, Melrose, and Dryburgh
- Edinburgh : W.H. Lizars, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 328 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.R8 M67 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by W.H. Lizars, after his own drawings. Architectural plans drawn by George Smith.
Printed by Andrew Shortreed, Thistle Lane, Edinburgh.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BEIN 1976 +156: Autograph: J. Moore.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a small paper copy, 28 cm. Bound in half red morocco. Autograph: Wm. Sidney Gibson. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- Scotland.Dryburgh Abbey (Dryburgh, Scotland)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1832.Gibson, William Sidney, 1814-1871 -- Autograph.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate. (BACRB)Jedburgh Abbey (Jedburgh, Scotland)Kelso Abbey (Kelso, Scotland)Lizars, W.H. -- Publisher.Melrose Abbey.Moore, J. -- Autograph.Roxburghshire (Scotland) -- Antiquities.Scotland -- History.Shortreed, Andrew -- Printer.
- History of the Abbey of Jedburgh
- Notes descriptive of Jedburgh Abbey
- Possessions and revenues of Jedburgh Abbey
- Carta confirmationis Comitis Henrici Canonicis de Jedworde
- Charta Willielmi Regis Scotorum Canonicis de Jedburgh
- Taxt roll of the Abbacy of Jedburgh, 1626
- History of the town and Abbey of Kelso
- Description of the ruins of Kelso Abbey
- Possessions and revenues of Kelso Abbey
- Charta Fundationis Abbacie Apud Schelechyrch
- Carta Regis David De Prima Fundacione de Kelchou
- Charter of confirmation granted to the monks of Kelso by King Malcolm IV
- Rotulus Redituum Monasterii de Kaldow
- Taxt roll of the Abbacy of Kelso
- History of Old Melros
- History of the Abbey of Melros
- Description of the ruins of Melros Abbey
- Possessions and renues of Melros Abbey
- Carta Regis David de Abbatia de Melros
- Taxt roll of the Abbacy of Melros
- History of the monastery of Dryburgh
- Possessions and revenues of the same
- Carta Davidis Regis de Dotatione Coenobii de Dryburghe
- Taxt roll of the Abbacy of Dryburgh
- Hospitals and other religious houses
- Description of the ruins of Dryburgh Abbey.