IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Provost, A., active 1834-1855, Panorama des Champs Élysées, [ca. 1845]
Panorama des Champs Élysées.
- Additional Title(s):
Champs-Elisées de Paris
- Paris : Chez Aubert, [ca. 1845].
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 7 joined sheets: tinted lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 15 x 585 cm, folded to 15 x 37 cm, in covers 16 x 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsL 566 (Folio A)Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 566.
Title from top left of the panorama.
Lithographs by Aubert, after A. Provost.
Places listed in the top margin include: Quartier Beaujon, Avenue des Champs Elysées, Rond-point des Champs Élysées, Champs Élysées, Place de la Concorde, Jardin des Tuileries, Rue de Rivoli.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Preserved within publisher's cloth board folder, lettered on front in gilt with leather back.
Lithographed panorama view of the Champs Élysées.
- Subject Terms:
- Champs-Elysées (Paris, France).Paris (France)
- Panoramas (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.