La marine moderne cuirassée, [1865?]
- La marine moderne cuirassée [graphic]
- Paris : F. Sinnett, editeur, 17, rue d'Argenteuil, [1865?]
- Physical Description:
- 25 pictures on 4 joined sheets : tinted lithographs ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 360 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVM307 .M37 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Depictions of 25 armored battleships from France, Britain, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Russia and the United States. Most (if not all) are at least partially steam-powered. Includes "Le Plongeur," a French submarine.
Title from cover.
Imprint from first panel.
In a single, accordion-folded strip.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original gilt-stamped green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Armored vessels.Marine art.Ships -- Pictorial works.Warships -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1865.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.