Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg, [1860?]
Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg.
- Stockholm : Ls. Gust. Rylander, [1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 242 x 25 cm, folded in covers 10 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG2071.P5 K37 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- approximately 1:1,200,000
- Title from cover (printed letterpress).
Date from BM Maps.
The left and right margins include views of towns along the Göta canal. With larger views of Stockholm at top and Götheborg at bottom.
At least three versions of this work are known. The present edition is entirely redrawn from an earlier (1851?) edition published by Rylander; in that version (Abbey Life 617), the map, views, and cover title are engraved. Another lithographed version (again redrawn) was published by Adolf Huldberg (1856?).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed gray boards, with brown cloth spine. The map and views are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Sweden -- Pictorial works.Göta Canal (Sweden) -- Maps.Sweden -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1860.
Maps -- Sweden -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.