Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg , [1851?]
- Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg : jemte fyrtifyra utsigter.
- Ny upplaga.
- Stockholm : Ls. Gust. Rylander, [1851?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 244 x 25 cm, folded in cover 11 x 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG2071.P5 K37 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- approximately 1:1,200,000
- The first view of Stockholm is signed: Ritat eft. Nat. och gr. af C.F. Ström (probably Carl Frederik Ström).
The left and right margins include views of towns along the Göta canal. With larger views of Stockholm at top and Götheborg at bottom.
At least three versions of this work are known. Rylander published in another version (1860?), with the map and views entirely redrawn (as lithographs), and with a letterpress cover. Another lithographed version (again redrawn) was published by Adolf Huldberg (1856?).
Abbey, J.R. Life 617
Issued with descriptive text by Vilhelm Malm. in pocket.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: descriptive text wanting. Bound in publisher's printed blue-green boards, with red cloth spine. The map portion is hand-colored; the views, uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Sweden -- Pictorial works.Göta Canal (Sweden) -- Maps.Sweden -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- 1851.
Maps -- Sweden -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.