Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg [cartographic material] : jemte fyrtifyra utsigter.
- Ny upplaga.
- Stockholm : P. A. Huldberg, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 234 x 24 cm, folded in covers 11 x 24 cm and 1 volume (38 pages) ; 10 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG2071.P5 K37 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- approximately 1:1,200,000
- The first view of Stockholm is signed: Lith. af O.L. Anderson (i.e. Oskar Andersson)
Date from accompanying booklet.
The left and right margins include views of towns along the Göta canal. With larger views of Stockholm at top and Götheborg at bottom.
Issued with descriptive text (38 pages): Description du trajet de Stockholm a Gothembourg en passant par le canal de Gothie (Stockholm : Adolf Huldberg, 1856).
At least three versions of this work are known. The present edition is entirely redrawn from an earlier (1851?) edition published by Lars Gustaf Rylander; in that version (Abbey Life 617), the map, views, and cover title are engraved. Another lithographed version (again redrawn) was also published by Rylander (in 1861?).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's printed green glazed boards, with brown cloth spine. With the text in plain blue wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on lower pastedown.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Sweden -- Pictorial works.Göta Canal (Sweden) -- Maps.Sweden -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1856.
Maps -- Sweden -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Karta öfver segelleden från Stockholm kanalvägen till Götheborg, 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.