The travels & sufferings of Father Jean de Brébeuf among the Hurons of Canada / as described by himself ; edited and translated from the French and Latin by Theodore Besterman.
- Additional Title(s):
Travels and sufferings of Father Jean de Brébeuf among the Hurons of Canada
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 196,  pages : maps ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1030.7 .B74 1938+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title across facing pages, with wood-engraved illustrations.
Maps on endpapers.
"This book has been printed and published by Chistopher Sandford & Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 7 Rolls Passage, London, E.C.4, in Bembo type on Arnold's mould-made paper and completed the 19th day of August, 1938. The two illustrations and the engraved titling on the title page are the work of Eric Gill. The edition is limited to 300 numbered copies."--Colophon.
"The present volume contains the whole of the surviving writings of Brébeuf, with two exceptions: a Montagnais translation of Ledeama's Christian doctrine and ... fragments": page 196.
"Bibliographical note": page 196-
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 136
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 145 of 300. Bound in red quarter canvas and black cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Jesuits -- Missions.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Wyandot Indians -- Missions.Wyandot Indians.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1938.
YCBA Collections Search
Brébeuf, Jean de, Saint, 1593-1649, The travels & sufferings of Father Jean de Brébeuf among the Hurons of Canada , MCMXXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.