What Jane Austen ate and Charles Dickens knew : from fox hunting to whist : the facts of daily life in nineteenth-century England / Daniel Pool.
- New York : Simon & Schuster, c1993.
- Physical Description:
- 416 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR468 S6 P66 1993 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -403) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817.Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Literature and society -- England -- History -- 19th century.Manners and customs in literature.
YCBA Collections Search
Pool, Daniel, What Jane Austen ate and Charles Dickens knew , c1993