Biographical sketches of eminent artists : comprising painters, sculptors, engravers, and architects from the earliest ages to the present time: to which is added an introduction containing a brief account of various schools of art / by John Gould.
- London : Effingham Wilson, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- vi, xcvii, 669 p.,  fold. leaf of plate : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN40 G68 1834View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First edition published in 1810 under title: A dictionary of painters, sculptors, architects, and engravers, containing biographical sketches ...
Later published under title: Biographical dictionary of painters, sculptors, engravers, and architects.
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Printers, Whitefriars.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Dictionaries.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1834.Wilson, Effingham -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.