Historical portraiture of leading events in the life of Ali Pacha, vizier of Epirus, surnamed the Lion, in a series of designs / drawn by W. Davenport, & engraved by G. Hunt ; with a biographical sketch.
- Additional Title(s):
Remarkable events in the Life of Ali Pacha
- London : Thomas M'Lean, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 30,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDR701.S55 D38 1823+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDR701.S55 D38 1823+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Biographical sketch, chiefly taken from a late life of that celebrated warrior."--Preface. Refers perhaps to the "Life of Ali Pacha," translated from A. de Beauchamp, published the same year.
Half-title: Ali Pacha.
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Remarkable events in the Life of Ali Pacha. Price two guineas.
Printed by Howlett and Brimmer, 10, Frith Street, Soho.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 206
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.), 179
Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original pink cloth, with publisher's printed title label. Copy 2 bound in half calf and marbled boards. Lacks half-title. Publisher's advertisement at end for Thomas M'Lean differs from that in copy 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Ali Paşa, Tepedelenli, 1744?-1822 -- Portraits.Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Publishers' advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
- The youthful Ali Bey
- Ali Bey discovers the chest of treasure
- The vow of vengeance made by Ali Pacha
- The Vizier Ali Pacha, giving the fatal signal, for the slaughter of the Gardikistes
- Delivery of the broken ring to Ali Pacha's faithful slave
- Ali Pacha and his brave officers.