Historical portraiture of leading events in the life of Ali Pacha, vizier of Epirus, surnamed the Lion, in a series of designs / drawn by W. Davenport, & engraved by G. Hunt ; with a biographical sketch.
- Additional Title(s):
Remarkable events in the Life of Ali Pacha
- London : Thomas M'Lean, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 30,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDR701.S55 D38 1823+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDR701.S55 D38 1823+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Biographical sketch, chiefly taken from a late life of that celebrated warrior."--Preface. Refers perhaps to the "Life of Ali Pacha," translated from A. de Beauchamp, published the same year.
Half-title: Ali Pacha.
Cover title, on publisher's printed label: Remarkable events in the Life of Ali Pacha. Price two guineas.
Printed by Howlett and Brimmer, 10, Frith Street, Soho.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 179
Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 206
BAC: British Art Center copy has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original pink cloth, with publisher's printed title label. Copy 2 bound in half calf and marbled boards. Lacks half-title. Publisher's advertisement at end for Thomas M'Lean differs from that in copy 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Ali Paşa, Tepedelenli, 1744?-1822 -- Portraits.Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.
- Publishers' advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
- The youthful Ali Bey
- Ali Bey discovers the chest of treasure
- The vow of vengeance made by Ali Pacha
- The Vizier Ali Pacha, giving the fatal signal, for the slaughter of the Gardikistes
- Delivery of the broken ring to Ali Pacha's faithful slave
- Ali Pacha and his brave officers.