IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gerard, Thomas, 1592-1634, A survey of Dorsetshire , 1732
A survey of Dorsetshire / publish'd from an original manuscript, written by Mr. Coker [i.e. Thomas Gerard].
- London : Printed for J. Wilcox, 1732.
- Physical Description:
- 128 p. : front. (fold. map) pl. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 D7 C65 1732+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Attributed by by Watt, Lowndes, and Allibone to N. Coker; written by Thomas Gerard in the 1620s, but falsely attributed to John Coker [by the publisher]. Cf. Coker's survey of Dorsetshire, 1980 reprint.
T.p. transcription: A survey of Dorsetshire. Containing the antiquities and natural history of that county. With a particular description of all the places of note, and antient seats. And a copious genealogical account of three hundred of the principal families. With their arms fully described and curiously engraved on six folio copperplates. To which is prefix'd a map of the county. Publish'd from an original manuscript, written by the Reverend Mr. Coker, of Mapowder in the said county.
- Subject Terms:
- Dorset (England) -- Description and travel.Dorset (England) -- History.Wilcox, J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.