Wedmore, Frederick, Sir, 1844-1921, Whistler, and others,, 1906
Whistler, and others, by Frederick Wedmore.
- London, Sir I. Pitman and sons, ltd., 1906.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 222 p. front (port.) 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7445 W4 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "The first, third, tenth and fifteenth chapters in the present volume have seen the light already in 'the Nineteenth century'; the ninth is re-arranged from 'the Anglo-Saxon review'; and the sixteenth reprinted from 'the Magazine of fine arts' ... Certain of the remarks in other portions of this book were first made in the 'Standard.'"--Note.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- A candid word.--The place of Whistler.--Venetian painting.--Fantin and Boudin.--Richard Wilson.--Goya.--The rise of English water-colour.--Romney and Lawrence.--Raeburn and Zoffany.--Ruskin.--Constable's "English landscape."--Etty.--Large water-colours.--Hine.--An endless roll-call.--The field of the print collector.--The Norwich masters.--Thomas Collier.--Pictures by Orchardson.--Charles Keene.--Paris and Fulleylove.--D. Y. Cameron.--Still life.--The art of Brabazon.--The personality of Watts.