John Fryer of the Bounty : notes on his career / written by his daughter, Mary Ann ; with an introduction and commentary by Owen Rutter and wood-engravings by Averil Mackenzie-Grieve.
- [London] : Printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 53,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA87.1.F79 G36 1939+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This edition has been printed for the editor at the Golden Cockerel Press in 14 point Golden Cockerel hand-set type on Arnold's hand-made paper. Compositor: A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 300 copies, signed by the editor and the artist."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 146
SML,AOB: "Number 228"--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 72 of 300, signed by the editor and artist. Bound in gilt-stamped blue canvas.
- Subject Terms:
- Bounty (Ship)Fryer, John, 1752 or 1753-1817.Mackenzie-Grieve, Averil -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Rutter, Owen 1889-1944 -- Autograph.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1939.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.