Weale, John, 1791-1862, The pictorial handbook of London , 1854
- The pictorial handbook of London : comprising its antiquities, architecture, arts, manufacture, trade, social, literary, and scientific institutions, exhibitions, and galleries of art : together with some account of the principal suburbs and most attractive localities : illustrated with two hundred and five engravings on wood, by Branston, Jewitt, and others : and a new complete map, engraved by Lowry.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- 910 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .W38 1854Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .W38 1854Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The former editions of this ... volume were published by Mr. Weale : the first ... under the title of 'London and its vicinity exhibited' : the second ... as 'A new survey of London.'"-Leaf preceding t.p.
Printed by G. Woodfall and Son, Angel Court, Skinner St., London.
MUDD WB 47682: Poor condition.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in publisher's original embossed green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel.London (England) -- Description and travel.Woodfall (G.) and Son -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1854.
Engravings -- 1854.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.