IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Duncan, Edward, 1804-1882, Advanced studies in marine painting , 
Advanced studies in marine painting / by Edward Duncan ; eight facsimiles of the original paintings ; many drawings in outline after Duncan, and a number of reproductions of works by J.M.W. Turner ; accompanied by descriptions and practical instructions for copying by an eminent teacher.
- London : Blackie & Son, .
- Physical Description:
- 52,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1373. G75 D86 1889Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date from BM.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gold-stamped brown publisher's cloth.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: Cover title: Marine painting.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 7, 318
- Subject Terms:
- Baber, Walter -- Autograph.Blackie & Son -- Publisher.Drawing books -- Specimens.Marine painting -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Marine painting -- Technique.Painting -- Study and teaching.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- .
Lithographs -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.