The four elements / edited by Roger Coleman as performed at the University Printing House, Cambridge, in the summer of this year now printed for friends at Christmas.
- Additional Title(s):
John Rastell's interlude of four elements
Interlude of four elements
- Cambridge [England] : Printed at the University Printing House, 1971.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 73,  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2336.R4 F68 1971Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The present version of the interlude is the result of a string of compromises; it is emphatically not the play as Rastell wrote it, though it represents an honest attempt to reproduce his intentions"--P. 24.
Half-title: John Rastell's interlude of four elements..
Illustrations by Charles Keeping.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
T.p. printed in black and red ink.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter cloth and cream printed boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Music printing -- England -- 16th century.Printers -- England -- 16th century.Prown, Jules David -- Bookplate.Rastell, John, d. 1536.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)
- Wood engravings -- 1971.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.