M'Cringer, Joel, A compendious treatise on modern education , 1802
- A compendious treatise on modern education : in which the following interesting subjects are liberally discussed : the nursery, private schools, public schools, universities, gallantry, duelling, gaming, suicide / by the late Joel M'Cringer , D.D., F.R.S., A.S.S. Rector of the United Parishes of Pigworth, Goosebridge, and Honeytown, in Middlesex ; Vicar of Cornsteadcum-Haybury, in the same county ; Prebendary of St. Glebemore ; Whitehall preacher, and domestic chaplain to the Right Honourable Lord Trainwell ; to which also are added coloured designs both characteristic and illustrative ; delineated by J.B.W. Esq. and etched by Thomas Rowlandson.
- London : Printed by J. Smeeton, St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- 34 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm. x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLA23 .M37 1802+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by James Brydges Willyams.
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, p. 41
BAC: British Art Center copy in plain blue wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Education -- England -- Humor.Education -- Philosophy.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1802.Satire, English.Smeeton, J. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.