Royal Association for the Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland, Eight engravings in illustration of Waverley , 1865]
- Eight engravings in illustration of Waverley : for the members of the Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland. 1865.
- [Edinburgh [Scotland] : s.n., 1865].
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 206Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Coleman O. Parsons, Yale PhD 1931Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each plate is accompanied by a short corresponding excerpt from Scott's novel, on opposite page.
Illustrations by William Miller, Francis Holl, Robert Charles Bell, James Stevenson, Lumb Stocks, and William Forrest; after William Leighton Leitch, Robert Herdman, John Blake Macdonald, Peter Graham, and James Echford Lauder.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1865.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Waverley -- Illustrations.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.