Six engravings in illustration of The bride of Lammermoor : for the members of the Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland : 1875.
- [Edinburgh [Scotland]] : Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland, 1875]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 198Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Coleman O. Parsons, Yale PhD 1931View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains short excerpts from Scott's novel, corresponding to the illustrations.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped purple publisher's binding.
Illustrations by William Forrest, Robert Anderson, John LeConte, Thomas Brown; after John Smart, Samuel Bough, George Hay, Robert Herdman, William Brassey Hole, and William Ewart Lockhart.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1875.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate.Royal Association for the Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland -- Publisher.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Bride of Lammermoor -- Illustrations.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1875.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.