IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Six engravings in illustration of The bride of Lammermoor
Six engravings in illustration of The bride of Lammermoor : for the members of the Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland : 1875.
- [Edinburgh [Scotland]] : Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland, 1875]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 198Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Coleman O. Parsons, Yale PhD 1931View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Contains short excerpts from Scott's novel, corresponding to the illustrations.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped purple publisher's binding.
Illustrations by William Forrest, Robert Anderson, John LeConte, Thomas Brown; after John Smart, Samuel Bough, George Hay, Robert Herdman, William Brassey Hole, and William Ewart Lockhart.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1875.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate.Royal Association for the Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland -- Publisher.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Bride of Lammermoor -- Illustrations.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1875.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.