Six engravings in illustration of The heart of Midlothian : for the members of the Royal Association for Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland.
- [Edinburgh [Scotland] : s.n., 1873]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 202Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Coleman O. Parsons, Yale PhD 1931Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains short excerpts from Scott's novel, corresponding to the illustrations.
Plates engraved by Robert Anderson, William Forrest, John Le Conte, James Faed, William Richardson, and Thomas Brown; after Hugh Cameron, Samuel Bough, William Ewart Lockhart, Robert Herdman, and John Blake MacDonald.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1873.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Heart of Midlothian -- Illustrations.
YCBA Collections Search
Royal Association for the Promotion of the Fine Arts in Scotland, Six engravings in illustration of The heart of Midlothian , 1873]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.