Royal magazine; or, Gentleman's monthly companion.
- Additional Title(s):
Gentleman's monthly companion
- London : Printed for J. Coote, [1759-1771]
- Physical Description:
- 21 v. fronts., illus., plates (part fold., part col.) ports., maps. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGunnis 278 (8ￃﾦ)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BAC: vol. 2 and 5 only
BEIN 2011 S20 2-7: Imperfect: some sections of magazine have been cut out, with loss of text; some plate mutilated, with some loss of text. Partial bookplate of Christopher Rodwell, Swaffham, Norfolk. Ms. notes on endpaper. From the library of Hall Park McCullough.
Individual issues lack imprint.
Includes essays, songs, poetry, British and foreign news, bankrupts, translations and reprints on various subjects.
Two vols. a year, 1759-1767; 1 vol. a year, 1768-1771.
Title vignettes (royal coat of arms).
Volumes have numerical designation only.
Vols. 1-2 include supplements.
No more published.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.McCullough, Hall Park, 1872-1966 -- Ownership.Periodicals -- England.Rodwell, Christopher -- Bookplate.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.