The rudiments of architecture, or, the young workman's instructor : in two parts : ... with twenty three elegant designs of buildings ... : to which is added, The Builder's dictionary ...
- Additional Title(s):
Rudiments of architecture.
Young workmans's instructor.
- Edinburgh [Scotland] : Printed by William Auld ..., 1773.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 127, 6,  p.,  leaves of plates in various pagings : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 R8 1773Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Builder's dictionary:  p. at end.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 768
BAC: Explanations of the following twenty-three designs:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Auld, William -- Printer.Building -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1773.Etching -- Specimens -- 1773.Loop -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
The rudiments of architecture, or, the young workman's instructor , 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.