The rudiments of architecture, or, The young workman's instructor ... : with twenty-four elegant designs of buildings, the most of which have been actually executed in north Britain : to which is added, The builder's dictionary: intended for those whose time will not allow them to attend teachers.
- Additional Title(s):
Rudiments of architecture.
Young workman's instructor.
- Third edition : corr. : illustrated with upwards of three hundred and seventy-three examples, accurately engraven upon fifty large copper-plates.
- Dundee [Scotland] : Printed for G. Milln ...; Vernor and Hood, London; J. Dickson, J. Fairbairn, P. Hill, and Mundel & Son, Edinburgh; [et. al.], 1799.
- Physical Description:
- , 127, , 2,  p.,  leaves of plates in various pagings (some folded) : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 R8 1799Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Builder's dictionary:  p. at end.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 772
- Subject Terms:
- Anderson, James -- Autograph.Architecture -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Early works to 1800.Dickson, J. -- Publisher.Drummond, Henry, 1786-1860 -- Autograph.Drummond, Henry, 1786-1860 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1799.Etching -- Specimens -- 1799.Fairbairn, J. -- Publisher.Hill, P. -- Publisher.Milln, G. -- Publisher.Mundel & Son -- Publisher.Vernor and Hood -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
The rudiments of architecture, or, The young workman's instructor ... , 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.