Rutland, John Henry Manners, Duke of, 1778-1857, A tour through part of Belgium and the Rhenish provinces, 1822
A tour through part of Belgium and the Rhenish provinces.
- Additional Title(s):
Tour in Belgium
- London : Printed for Rodwell and Martin, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- , 131,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDH431 .R88 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, on printed label: A tour in Belgium with thirteen plates. By the Duchess of Rutland. Price 1£. 16s.
Lithography by James Duffield Harding; after Elizabeth Manners, Duchess of Rutland.
Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green-brown cloth, with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Belgium -- Description and travel.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Rodwell and Martin -- Publisher.
- Travel literature.
- Plates: On the banks of the Meuse
- The castle of the Duke de Beaufort
- Bonn and Remagen
- On the Rine, between Remagen and Andernach
- The castle of Nassau and Stein
- View between Niederingelheim and Bingen
- Between Bingen and Bacharach
- The castle of Schonberg, and an old Roman tower at Oberwesel
- The village of Caub, and the castle of Rhein Phalz
- Vieux Chateau dit la Batz
- The town of Coblentz, and the fortress of Ehrenbreitstein
- Roman monument at Igel, near Treves.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.