De La Warr, Reginald Windsor Sackville, 7th Earl, 1817-1896, Historical notices of the parish of Withyham in the county of Sussex , 1857
- Historical notices of the parish of Withyham in the county of Sussex : with a description of the church and Sackville Chapel : illustrated with drawings and wood engravings.
- London : John Russell Smith, Soho Square : 1857.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 100 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W84 D45 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed: R.W.S.W. [i.e. Reginald Windsor Sackville-West, later 7th earl De La Warr].
Frontispiece engraved by Thomas Orlando Sheldon Jewitt, after Charles Tattershall Dodd. Wood engravings within the text are unsigned.
Tinted lithographs are signed with various unidentified initials, perhaps members of the Sackville-West family.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick Press, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane.
With wood engraved head-pieces.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped red cloth. Binder's label: Bound by Bone & Son. 76, Fleet Street. London. Inscribed: With the author's best regards, 16th June 1857.
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Church architecture -- England -- Withyham.De La Warr, Reginald Windsor Sackville, 7th Earl, 1817-1896 -- Presentation Inscription.Nash, William -- Publisher.Smith, John Russell -- Publisher.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.Withyham (England) -- Description and travel.Withyham Parish Church -- History.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.