The London and country builder's vade mecum, or, The compleat and universal estimator : comprehending the London and country prices of the different works of bricklayers, masons, carpenters, ... &c : interspersed with such useful and necessary rules and observations as are of the greatest consequence in estimating of any building ... with a compleat index to the whole / by William Salmons.
- Additional Title(s):
London and country builder's vade mecum.
Compleat and universal estimator.
- Third edition : revised and corrected.
- London : Printed for John Hodges, 1755.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, , 187,  p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH434 S23 1755Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First published in 1745 under title: The London and country builder's vade mecum, or, The compleat and universal architect's assistant.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 790
BAC: Includes head- and tail- pieces.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Estimates -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Handbooks, vade-mecums, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Building materials -- Prices -- Early works to 1800.Cholmley, Nathaniel -- Bookplate.Hodges, J. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1755.
YCBA Collections Search
Salmon, William, ca. 1703-1779, The London and country builder's vade mecum, or, The compleat and universal estimator , 1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.