Salmon, William, ca. 1703-1779, The London and country builder's vade mecum, or, The compleat [sic] and universal estimator , 1760
- The London and country builder's vade mecum, or, The compleat [sic] and universal estimator : comprehending the London and country prices of the different works of bricklayers, masons, carpenters ... &c., intersperd with such useful and necessary rules and observations as are of the greatest consequence in estimating of any building : with a great variety of new and useful tables ... / by William Salmon.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London and country builder's vade mecum.
Compleat and universal estimator.
- The fourth edition : revised and corrected.
- London : Printed for S. Crowder ..., 1760.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, 187,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH434 S23 1760Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First published in 1745 under title: The London and country builder vade mecum, or, The compleat and universal architect's assistant.
Caption title: The compleat estimator.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1787. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 791
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Estimates -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Handbooks, vade-mecums, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Building materials -- Prices -- Early works to 1800.Constance, W. -- Autograph, 1799.Crowder, S. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1760.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.