Palladio Londinensis, or, The London art of building : in three parts. : I. Containing a demonstration of all geometrical problems ... : III. copiously treating of the several kinds of stair-cases : the whole illustrated with fifty-two copper plates : to which is annexed, the builder's dictionary ... / by William Salmon.
- Additional Title(s):
London art of building.
- Second edition : inriched [sic] with fifteen additional copper plates, and sundry alterations and improvements / by E. Hoppus.
- London : Printed for A. Ward, at the King's-Arms in Little Britain, 1738.
- Physical Description:
- 12, 132,  p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 S15 1738 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 S15 1738 copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English short title catalogue, N11247
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 794
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 evidently belonged to a builder and contains some prices and drawings. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Richard Blackett Beaumont.
BAC: Copy 2. Plate xxxvii misbound between p. 76 and p. 77.
Plates are numbered II-XXXVII, A-I, K-P.
Illustrations by B[enjamin] Cole, J. Mynde and [Richard William] Seale; after E. Hoppus.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1738.Ward, A. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Salmon, William, approximately 1703-1779, Palladio Londinensis, or, The London art of building , 1738
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.