Salmon, William, approximately 1703-1779, Palladio Londinensis, or, The London art of building , 1738
- Palladio Londinensis, or, The London art of building : in three parts. : I. Containing a demonstration of all geometrical problems ... : III. copiously treating of the several kinds of stair-cases : the whole illustrated with fifty-two copper plates : to which is annexed, the builder's dictionary ... / by William Salmon.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Palladio Londinensis.
London art of building.
- Second edition : inriched [sic] with fifteen additional copper plates, and sundry alterations and improvements / by E. Hoppus.
- London : Printed for A. Ward, at the King's-Arms in Little Britain, 1738.
- Physical Description:
- 12, 132,  p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 S15 1738 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 S15 1738 copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- ESTC N11247
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 794
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 evidently belonged to a builder and contains some prices and drawings. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Richard Blackett Beaumont.
BAC: Copy 2. Plate xxxvii misbound between p. 76 and p. 77.
Plates are numbered II-XXXVII, A-I, K-P.
Illustrations by B[enjamin] Cole, J. Mynde and [Richard William] Seale; after E. Hoppus.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Building -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1738.Ward, A. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.