A memoir, explanatory of the chart and survey of the county of London-Derry, Ireland / by the Rev. George Vaughan Sampson.
- London : G. & W. Nicol, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 359 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA990.L8 S26 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frotispiece aquatint and map engraved by James Ford. Other engraved plates by Henry Brocas. Wood-engraved illustrations are unsigned.
Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., Cleveland-row, St. James's.
Subscriber's list: p. [ix]-x.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 480
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original blue paper covered boards. Armorial bookplate of Arthur Conolly Gage Heygate and Frances Evelyn Rowley (Harvey) Heygate.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Ireland -- Londonderry (County)G. & W. Nicol -- Publisher.Heygate, Arthur Conolly Gage -- Bookplate.Heygate, Frances Evelyn Rowley Harvey -- Bookplate.Londonderry (Northern Ireland : County) -- History.W. Bulmer and Co. -- Printer.
- Subscribers' lists.
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1814.
Wood engravings -- 1814.
Engravings -- 1814.
- Historical introduction
- Geographical state and circumstances
- Civil and ecclesiastical boundares and description, towns, villages, public institutions
- Commerce, Manufactures, Agriculture
- Druidical and other pagan monuments, antiquites. Questions proposed. Replies. Conclusion.