A tour through Paris , [1828?]
- A tour through Paris : illustrated with twenty-one coloured plates : accompanied with descriptive letter-press.
- London : Published by William Sams, St. James's Street, [1828?]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 20 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 20 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 20 Copy 3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Depictions of Parisian life during the Restoration.
Engravings copied from Jean-Henri Marlet's Tableaux de Paris and Richard Brinsley Peake's Characteristic costume. See Abbey.
Probable date of publication from Abbey.
Aquatints and accompanying descriptions after Jean-Henri Marlet.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 114
Colas, R. Costume, 2898
Lipperheidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Fd 19
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.), 443
BAC: British Art Center has three copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in later red calf, by Riviere. Paper watermarked 1828. Copy 2 bound in dark-green half morocco and marbled boards. Copy 3 bound in blue half morocco and marbled boards. Armorial bookplates: Viconte de Villa; S. Jolliffe Tufnell; T. Henry Foster.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- France -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Fashion -- France -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Foster, T. Henry -- BookplateParis (France) -- Pictorial works.Paris (France) -- Social life and description -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Riviere -- Binding, 1828.Sams, William -- Publisher.Tufnell, S. JollifeeVilla, Viconte de -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.