A collection of landskips, and figures, &c. : on twenty-nine copper-plates / designed, etched, and engraved by Paul Sandby, and M. Chatlain.
- London : Printed for Robert Sayer, map and printseller, No. 53, in Fleet-Street. Published as the act directs, January 12, 1773.
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2143 .S26 1773+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Comprises 31 etchings on 29 leaves; 21 are signed by Sandby and 9 by Jean Baptiste Claude Chatelain, of which 2 have 2 views.
"They merit a place in the cabinets of the curious, and are useful studies to those who would draw landskips with taste and effect."--Title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in marbled wrapers; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Landscape drawing -- Early works to 1800.Landscape painting -- Early works to 1800.Landscapes in art -- Early works to 1800.Laurie & Whittle -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1773.
Etchings -- 1773.
YCBA Collections Search
Sandby, Paul, 1731-1809, A collection of landskips, and figures, &c. , January 12, 1773